The battle now intensifies with the plucky Kitsune and the crazy comic book nerd going head to head with some of Gizora’s most sinister villains.
Kiri: Kasumi gave possibly the most vicious growl one could expect from her, a growl which was utterly unnerving. She didn’t sound like she could be considered anything remotely human, in fact you might have thought she was a Demonic Kitsune. She wasn’t playing with the Terakian, in fact the Jaki that began to blaze around her looked like it was as sinister if not more sinister than the aura surrounding the Terrakian. And it didn’t disappear when Kasumi slammed her palm against her face at the challenge that Grant put to the male.
With not a word, Kasumi simply reached out and aimed to grab at Grant’s collar. Should she have, she would have picked the boy up like a wolf would its pup, only to throw, yes throw, him straight clear across the pond. A scream from her to follow.
“You go ahead dumbass! He’s obviously not someone who will dance battle you! Now….. you..! You deal with me!”
The last two halves were aimed at the Terrakian, a demonic look in her eyes as her Jaki swirled around her, a bright orange of varying shades. A color that her uncle’s Jaki had been. Kasumi’s appearance changed slightly as her fangs extended and her claws did as well; the fur on her tail bristling as it lashed back and forth, her legs spreading to shoulder length as her weight shifted to the balls of her feet. Ready to fight, to kill if she had to. Hirai Hime was in her right hand as well, and she wasn’t afraid to use that weapon. Nor any of her abilities as a Kitsune. Fire Fear, but also Creation Fear. The Concept of Fear was born between the relationship of humans and Yokai. It’s what a particular person was feared for. Which is why Kasumi was dangerous for a Creation Fear user, as she also had her Fire Fear to account for. But perhaps that wouldn’t be needed.
” You Bastard ! ”
– Keikai would see that one of the explorers had flown across the pond and beyond the barrier. That had automatically settled in the fact of who could progress. This would also verify the fact that Keikai had failed what he had came for. That moment was followed with a large dark fog slowly covering the area and encasing them both . He was enraged, his sclera turned black and his arms tensed . He was no push over , and he instantly closed the distance between him and Kasumi ; intentionally missing and punching the ground near she had stood ; causing it to quake and split which in turn caused chunks of earth to fly about and hit whatever it had came at . His arm was encased with a dark fog , his eyes glaring at the target whether or not it was hit by the shards . The male wasn’t playing around , nor was he intending on going easy on a woman . –
” Fine. Let’s go. ”
Name : Keikai
Race : Terakian
Power : Dark Fog
Age : ? ?
Danger Level : Terakian Assassin
Abyssmal Center Temple
– There it was . The Center of the Maze. The Finale has arrived. The land in which the Shattered Item was located , the temple towered quite high but the item was seen hovering just at the top . Will Grant run and claim it ? There seemed to be a lurking dangerous energy nearby , but what was it ? –
In her anger at the crazy comic con conventionalist’s bizarre attempts to get the shady character to duel him with a dance off, the kitsune remarkably went and did something that was exactly NOT what Keikai wanted at all. To have the young white and grey haired lad tossed like last week’s garbage across the Abyssmal pond. Grant cartwheeled in the air like a circus performer, his shady glasses slipping from his face and landing with a kersplosh in the waters of the pond. It was only when he flew right over the water, that he came to land with a few bum smacking skids on the other side. He reached the centre of the Maze.
“Ow Ow Ow Ow.” He cried for each time his bum smacked the earth. Dazed and shocked at the strength of the Kitsune, he got up to stand wobbly, and then realized exactly where he was.
“I’m here….I’M HERE!”
He looked back across the pond, but he saw that the pair were now engulfed in some dark mist making it hard for the young man to see. He brought up his hand as a visor and peered across the other side of the pond. “Kasumi!!! Just stay alive till I get back!!!” he yelled loudly, before gathering himself and turning to face the end of the maze. The quest had brought him this far, and now he was on the right path. Looking up at the magnificent temple that went up into the very errie green clouds, he wondered just what would be lurking to test him this time. Just at the very top, Grant could make out what looked to be the prize. Glowing as it sat atop the tower. Spitting on both hands, he started his climb up the all too tall stone stairs.
Kasumi growled deeply at the male, the Jaki that swirled around her looking like a fiery wind in itself, burning as it wove around her with a mind of its own. Jaki were the demonic auras of Yokai, which could cause corruption in humans if it was strong enough to overpower their will. Kasumi knew that, but the Jaki was the signal she wasn’t holding back. And the further changes that occurred soon after showed she knew she wasn’t going to be able to stay in her one-tail form. Instead, her tail itself began to split, forming into five different auburn tails without the splash of white at the end, now waving behind her as she growled at the man in front of her with anger in her blazing crimson eyes.
Grant’s words made her scoff, muttering to herself a simple ‘yeah right’ comment, even going as far as to say that if she died here it’d contradict what her purpose was. Of course, Kasumi was interrupted mid-thought by the man covering the distance between them and slamming his hand into the ground, causing it to erupt in all directions. Kasumi let out a grunt as she pushed off the ground, leaping from one side to the next as she dodged each piece as fast as she could, using her tails, coated in her Yoki of course, to slash apart some that were clumped together and far harder to dodge.
Jamming Hirai Hime, now shrunken back into its Tanto state, back into its sheath, she moved in a blur, difficult to follow till she finally stopped, only to blast forwards at high speed, her form completely blurring to a point that she was nearly invisible at that speed; her right arm was lifted as her claws lashed out, slicing the air just over the male’s head as her left arm came swinging up in a quick uppercut, having used the attack from her claws to try and get him to duck into the strike and send him into the air with a single attack. If it had worked, the male would have been left stunned while flying through the air, while Kasumi would’ve dashed into the air at top speed like her charge and flipped forwards, slamming her foot down onto his stomach to smash him into the ground with enough force to cause the ground to erupt and quake much like he had done only moments before with his punch.
Keikai vs Kasumi
– Keikai quickly blinked closer to Kasumi as she attempted to feint him with her first attack , the Terakian punched the wrist of the Female with his fogged covered right hand ; causing it to point upwards and slightly sever the connection of the palm to the arm through the force which then was followed with his left fist towards the stomach . That hand didn’t hold any of the fog but did release a giant force if it connected which most likely would have had to due to the fact he intercepted the female’s motion while it was acting out therefore making any other reaction harder to accomplish since it would have to take a longer moment plus their distance between one another was too short. The attack that was supposed to hit his chin couldn’t connect due to his actions and therefore the fist that did connect when it had would cover that arm and make it unusable , what did the fog do to her hand ? –
” You’ve made the wrong choice in choosing me as your opponent. Let’s wrap this up Foxy.”
Abyssmal Center Temple
– As Grant continued to climb and grow closer ; the skies seemed to have grown darker with each second that had passed . Was this an effect of him moving ever closer ? A strange feeling would continue to grow and grow as he motioned ever closer but after he was but a few more meters away a large blast of energy would strike and hit the area not too far above from Grant which had caused it to erupt and crack and possibly make the person tumble back down. Another person appeared in the vicinity , however this person sat directly at the top of the ruins with a small coffee cup in his hand and a orb in the other. –
” Brave Adventurer. You’ve made it all the way here with the tunes of a mysterious figure and doing it as fast as you did hmm. . I reckon it was the voice of the Shattered Item . I wonder if you recognize me without the hood . Once more your plans have been for naught, I will be taking the item . I ; Celtan , the Brain of Gizora will be taking this . ”
– What he said must’ve clearly meant that the voices Grant heard was the supposed treasure of this place . Did that also mean specifically only he could’ve acquired this item and no one else ? That may have been the case . This male didn’t seem friendly , and his body was cloaked in a dangerous aura , how would Grant prevail ? Then again with the power of the Item many things are possible , and somehow Grant has had an extremely lucky streak as of late and it seemed as if the Dark Illusionary Beast from earlier may have hinted that those swords of his may have been the key to prevailing . Seeing as to how swords are usually meant for battling , maybe this was its chosen time. But more importantly , it was Grant’s time to shine.-
Objective : Do whatever it is in your power to get past Celtan through whatever means necessary and obtain the Shattered Item !
Abyssmal Center Temple
Higher and higher he climbed with the air thinning of oxygen but being replaced by something else entirely. A darkness – like the very clouds were charged with some deadly force. This was no mere catch and grab like in an Indiana Jones movie. The prize awaited him at the top, but nothing was meant to be this easy. Up till now, Grant had a run of luck that was simply too good to be true. His choices, though sometimes not entirely wise had gotten him this far. He did have the help of the kitsune, who was now battling it out with that nasty chap across the pond, but Grant was about to find himself facing the one that was there at the start of the journey. Minus the cape this time, minus the hood. He was sitting – waiting with a cup of coffee in one hand and an orb in the other. How long had he been here, and how was he able to reach the height of the tower, considering that he couldn’t possibly be human. He called Grant a brave adventurer. Brave? Not totally, more like he had a lot of luck. Making it to the top on the words of the riddler, the words that guided him through. Those words were said to be sung by the very item itself. Calling directly to the one that was destined to claim it. Grant.
“I wonder if you recognize me without the hood.”
“Yes…you were the guy at the beginning.” Grant was not totally stupid.
“Once more your plans have been for naught, I will be taking the item.” He what? After all this, he wanted it? Some bloke called Celtan who was the brain of Gizora. So, was this a demon? A warlock? He didn’t look like anything fancy, just a bloke having coffee on the temple mount. Grant’s chest puffed out as he reached behind him and withdrew his swords, the same ones that had been given to him by the Queen, the same ones he was willing to throw away when in the mouth of the beast. It was his moment. Human, maybe – but the true fighter beneath was about to have his moment.
Swinging both blades like rotors he then twisted his body so that his right arm slashing across the front of his body with the blade whistling through the air, the blade in his left arm was brought back and up. A flick of wrist and his body reversed the slash back in the opposite direction, followed by a downward slash from his left. One to strike the coffee cup right out of his hand, if the right hand slice hit the orb.
Kasumi snarled at the male who blocked her feint, which was annoying at this point now, she could feel that her entire arm was dead on the moment he hit her. Shit. Not good, plus she was off-balance because of him blocking her like that, making it harder to defend against his current attack. At least, that’s how it normally would be. Her eyes were hidden for a moment just before a grin spread over her face in an instant, only moments before several swords, all interlocked with each other, erupted from the ground and slammed between her and the male’s fist just in time. Sure, the attack ripped the weapons apart and sent her sliding back from the force of it, but it still saved her…. barely.
“Close one that… heh. I can’t hold back for this, therefore… Daisuke Family Art: Flaming Persona!”
Kasumi’s entire body was immediately engulfed by a massive eruption of flames that swirled around her, creating a powerful shockwave as it blazed brighter and hotter than almost anything most people would have felt. That inferno itself quickly dissipated, but left standing was Kasumi with three flames blazing circles around in the form of Kamaitachi. This was her Flaming Persona, which also meant she was a hell of a lot faster. Kasumi’s left hand clapped itself onto her right, bracing herself as she blasted her White Lightning right into her nervous system, causing her cells to go berserk as they began trying to fix her arm. She gave a wince as she released her right arm, but lashed her left arm at the male, sending a flame condensed into a high-energy and density form, causing it to blast after him in a crescent shape.
Much similar to how a technique called Razor Wind worked, Razorflame was a technique in which Kasumi condensed her flame into a hyper-density and high-energy state, firing it at the target. The flame itself, because of its now hyper-density and high-energy form, would have sliced through the male like a knife through butter the moment it touched him. Easily. That was the damage of this technique.