We now follow Nurse Nancy White; aka Sunny to the inner city, where curfew is about to begin.
Co-written with Fu & Temp.
This is the heart of the City of Ota, which is located inside the 11th Ward of Tokyo. There are many shops, clubs and services to be found here. Police and the CCG patrol the area, maintaining order to the best of their ability. The City is less busy than normal cities, due to the 11th Ward’s Ghoul problem. Keep in mind that it is illegal to be outside past 8pm.
The Inner City
Razorbackwriter: A city of color. A city that was also fraught with danger. A curfew. All these things seemed to be lost to Nurse Nancy White, who had just finished her long shift at the Ota General Hospital. With her small red cardigan and carrying her purse, Sunny had a small list of groceries that she had promised Gloria, her flatmate – that she would pick up. Passing bars and restaurants, it would be another two blocks before she came to stand in front of a small grocery store. One of those family businesses, with boxes of fresh fruit and produce outside, and windows crammed with brightly coloured boxes of everything from cereals, to noodles, and of course magazines.
Taking out her list, Sunny stepped inside the supermarket and grabbed a small basket in which to collect the items. She passed an old lady seated behind a counter, who was watching a beat up black and white television set. Did they even make those any more? The woman bowed towards Sunny, and she reciprocated, before continuing to get everything she needed. Milk, bread, crisps…noodles, and some eggs. Everything was a bit pricey, but that was the market of the day.
Taking her basket of goods back up to the counter, an elderly gentleman stepped out at the sight of the bodacious nurse. One thing about Sunny, she attracted the opposite sex like bees to flowers.
“Need a bag, Miss?” He asked, as he scanned each item and set them to the side. “Yes please.” Sunny had forgotten her shopping bag in the excitement that followed her shift at work. The fight on the top floor very fresh in her mind. The shop keeper cheerfully gave Sunny a store bag for free, much to the annoyance of his wife. She started to berate him in a different dialect to the one Sunny knew. Smacking him with her hand as the game show on the TV set made a great deal of noise. Cheering in fact. The shop keeper was quick to finish serving Sunny, before turning to his wife and starting a ding dong of an argument. No harm in looking. This is what he protested to his enraged wife.
“Thank you.” Sunny chimed, as she left the store.
Bag in hand, she headed towards her apartment building.
– The Ghoul would walk silently in the streets once more headed towards the HQ on this dawning day , but clearly he wasn’t in a good mood nor was his attentiveness was up to par for reasons unknown. He hadn’t gotten a cup of coffee or anything of the sort to keep him awake . His eyes were barely open and he walked down the street , He pulled out his phone to look at any new messages but it had seemed there was none , that was fine with him he supposed. Nothing important that he had missed, or at least that’s what he thought. Tenkai kept his eyes on the phone and bumped a certain woman holding a bag –
Temp: Wolf had returned to the inner city after the incident at Ota General Hospital. The female nurse that had involved herself in a matter of ghouls and investigators was her current target. She didn’t plan on killing the nurse though, but instead simply wanted to observe her. The behavior that she displayed back in the hospital was beyond abnormal. Normally any human that saw a ghoul knew to run away, but this one simply stood and watched. Was there something more to this girl or was she simply missing a large amount of brain cells? She did not yet have an answer, but was actively seeking one. Following the nurse was extremely simple of course, even more so when you could simply travel by rooftop. Her eyes remained focused on the girl and stopped her movement as soon as someone bumped into her. The scent the male gave off was a clear indication of what he was, but for now she would remain a spectator. Was this ghoul unstable and murderous? Night was approaching, which meant the CCG would start heavy patrols. This situation could prove interesting, or just be a waste of time. Which would it be?
Razorbackwriter: Sunny was not really paying attention to those on the path before her. Always dazzled by the large animated signs that told you to buy this sort of soda, or that type of new shiny car. The nurse was one for loving bright shiny things, and these signs could light up the night, they were that bold and pretty. That was the whole idea of course, to attract attention of passing consumers. It would be this lack of keeping aware of her surroundings that found her crashing right into a young man who was looking into his phone. The bag that Sunny was carrying fell from her grasp and landed with a horrible spat and tinkle on the ground. Milk…eggs…what a mess, as it seeped through the hessian cloth of the bag.
“Oh whoopsie me.” The nurse chimed as she tried to pick up the bag and then watched as a stream of egg and milk ran out from the edge of the bag. “And there goes dinner…” she said with a small sigh. Glancing up at the young man she bumped into, Sunny started to apologize.
“I’m such a klutz. So..so sorry. Did I get egg on your phone?’ The nurse’s large green eyes looking at the man’s phone and hoping it wasn’t damaged. “I’ve had one of those days.” If you could count seeing a ghoul and investigator going at it, being told off by them….having a weapon thrown at her, and being berated by both the Matron and the head cleaner – it rated as a bad day.
With her bag of groceries ruined she dumped it in a nearby trash can and then wiped the edges of her nurse apron, that were now smeared with the gooey mess.
“Ah well. Take out tonight.” Another wipe of her hand on her apron and she offered it to the young man before her.
“I’m Nancy. Nurse Nancy, but people call me Sunny.” Again the bright smile of Sunny shone out as the whole incident was like water off a duck’s back. She really was very odd.
– A cracked egg and it’s yolk would run down the surface of his phone as he stared into it with dead eyes , rising up those eyes to look into the females face to see she was apologetic and was upset as well for having lost her paid items which’d now be spoiled for any possible use. Tenkai normally would lash out at the person but this time he didn’t do anything further then idly reply to her when she asked about the egg on his phone. He wasn’t able to sniff a thing or sense anyone as his nose was clogged with tidbits of yolk as well and he couldn’t tell someone was nearby.-
” It’s fine. I wasn’t looking myself.”
– He listened to her speak about how it was one of those days, he personally didn’t know what she meant or what possibly could’ve happened in her day to make her feel the way she was at this point in time. Tenkai reached into his pocket and gave her a 20 when she had mentioned changing her course of action for food for the evening.-
” Least I can do. Take it and get yourself something nice. ”
– He would finally hear her introduce herself as well as her occupation . After a brief pause for himself Tenkai would introduce himself as well-
” You can call me Tenkai. Tenkai Yakunan. Not really working at this point in time. I suppose I’m just a mere student for now.”
– He knew he couldn’t just tell a person he just met his actual occupation , it would be obvious that he’d be thrown under the bus with all of the CCG cracking down. He knew how to goof around but he also knew when to trick others with misleading statements and false claims. He of course did not really bother with education either, the most he had done was lounge around in the perimeter of the college for a certain duo of individuals but that was about it. Of course when she had offered the napkin he would take it and clean himself off properly. He didn’t like messes …… unless he was the one who made them of course.-
Razorbackwriter: Talk about having egg on your face. Tenkai had egg on his…and shell…and it was running down his nose. It was also on his phone. Sunny was almost beside herself. She had really made a mess of things, and poor Tenkai. Taking out yet another hanky, she tried to dab the egg off her new found friend – who had offered her a 20 for losing what was to be her dinner. All over him, that is.
“Oh, but this is too much. Tell you what, why don’t you come back to my place. My room mate Gloria is on call, so she won’t be there and…we could order in something for both of us.”
There she went, good old Sunny being….sunny. She really liked this lad in front of her. He had a really nice name too. “Tenkai Yakunan. It’s a pleasure, I mean, if I hadn’t gotten egg all over you.” Nurse Nancy twirled her left ankle and waved her shoulders from side to side. Her cheeks rising to a new shade of red as she got a little blush.
“You know, the curfews are soon. Let’s go this way. It’s quicker.” Would the young man follow her home? Truth be told, Sunny was incredibly naive and a bit clueless on social etiquette, but she simply couldn’t use all that money for just herself. If he followed along beside her, Sunny would keep up with the chatter. “I was a student for 5 years, but now I am a fully trained nurse. I work up at Ota General Hospital. Do you know that the CCG was there? Mhm….fighting on the top floor. I mean, sure, its a great place if you want to bring in someone injured. Do it in the hospital. But Matron will be pissed. She’s not very nice. She also doesn’t like me.”
And so Nancy would continue to chatter as they walked along. Tenkai might be thinking, ~Get me the hell away from this blonde fruit loop~ or…he might be intrigued. Only time would tell.
” Sure I suppose. I suppose my /duties/ can be put off for awhile and no worries my clothing is fine. ”
– Tenkai was awestruck at the female but tried to laugh nervously about going to her place. Was she really inviting him to her personal residence ? This was like an invitation to die for her case. But Tenkai wasn’t really in the mindset to kill anyone without reason right now so he was able to get his mind off of it but that could change at any given time , however she had mentioned eating food. He didn’t have to trick people for a very long time , now he’s hoping that he remembered how to do it. He blanked out for a bit but his mind picked up hospital and CCG and Tenkai’s attention was brought right back and as he walked with her , a small grin grew on his face. She knew alittle something something.-
” Oh ? CCG ? They were battling someone hm ? I see. ”
– Tenkai rubbed his chin a bit before going to ask one last question while they continued to make their way towards her apartment. –
” Do you know the identity of the one who was attacked ? ”
– Tenkai was quite reluctant to go at first to her place. But she had some information that seemed to be useful. Information that could not be left alone. Information he would get his hands on of course. Slowly but surely his grin sharpened while he slowed his pace and allowed her to take the lead .-
Razorbackwriter: Sunny didn’t pick up on the boy’s sudden interest in her when she happened to mention the CCG fight off the cuff. The Nurse was rabbiting on at one hundred miles per hour, as she so often did. Spilling out information that her new friend no doubt found very interesting. As he had agreed to come back to her place, Sunny walked along briskly and became quite animated after throwing her soggy shopping bag in the nearest trash bin. She nodded profusely when asked that the CCG were battling someone at the hospital.
“Mhm. Top floor. The lift I was travelling in from the cleaning station went all silly, and when the doors opened, there they were….this investigator…and…and this..”Sunny then scrunched her face up as she tried to remember what it was about the ghoul (or what she thought was one) that threw the weapon at her. “A….wolf thing. Short…little actually, but boy did she have a good right arm.” It was funny how as Sunny went on explaining about the fight, just how much she actually enjoyed it. The girl had put herself in terrible danger, only she was too stupid to realize it. “I just get the feeling they don’t like others getting in on their fights. I mean, I tried to cheer for the investigator, and she told me to get lost.”
It was at this time that sirens started to wail, to signal that the curfew was coming into affect. Sunny stared up at the blinking signs, and all the traffic lights flashed amber. This meant they had to get off the streets. Sunny reached for Tenkai’s hand and with a sharp tug she tried to pull him along faster.
“Come on….we need to get out of here.”
Little did she know just who she was now friends with.
“Do you like hot pockets?”